So here I am back in Cape Breton. It has been raining for six days straight – great weather for getting into my wonderful studio. So nice to be back in it!
In preparation for the much more challenging Japanese woodblock printing that I hope to do soon, I decided to start with lino block printing. So, I cut two lino blocks over the last two days and experimented with printing from them. I can’t seem to print cleanly, that is, without any of the cutout lino areas catching ink and printing. I will keep trying. And, of course, these are very simple, one colour prints for starters. Challenging enough! In any case, getting a good image and figuring out how to do the cut outs is still my primary challenge! Lots of fun and lots of ideas percolating. Liz! thinking of you lots as I do these!!